[SVLUG-Jobs] Multimedia Software Engineer needed in Santa Clara, CA;
mapton at pacbell.net
Thu Jul 20 11:54:22 PDT 2006
Enabling Video Everywhere.
It starts with talented people devoted to creating the most advanced
digital video compression technology in the world. Mobilygen is the
pioneer in low power H.264 solutions and a great startup backed by
top-tier venture investors (KPCB & Redpoint). Be part of the team that
will revolutionize mobile video.
We are looking for a Multimedia Software Engineer to join our expanding
software team working with Mobilygen's H.264 video chips.
We are looking for a Windows/Linux multimedia s/w engineer. The
software engineer will work within Mobilygen's engineering team
developing client software that interoperates with audio and video
streams created by Mobilygen's low-power H.264 codecs.
The Multimedia Software Engineer is responsible for the following:
* Design, implement and/or integrate DirectShow filters that split,
decode and display audio/video streams.
* Developing and integrating network streaming capabilities including
* BSCS and 3+ years in Windows/Linux multimedia software development.
* Good knowledge of media streaming and audio/video codecs
* Experience in one or more multimedia streaming frameworks such as
DirectShow, gStreamer, and FFMPEG.
* Good knowledge of media containers including one or more of MP4,
MPEG-2 PS/TS, AVI/ASF
* Knowledge of networking protocols including TCP/IP and RTP/RTSP.
* Familiarity with USB 2.0 driver and high speed peripherals is highly
* Excellent programming skills in C/C++, including .NET
* Strong experience in Visual C++ and/or GNU tools
Find out why we are making low power (<200 mW) headline news.
Our web-site is;
Please contact me with any questions or just send me your resume.
I look forward to hearing from you,
Santa Clara, CA
mapton at mobilygen.com
Feel free to pass on this information to interested parties.
More information about the Jobs