[SVLUG-Jobs] JOB - Field Support Technician Positions Open at Reactrix
Andrea.Gyurancsik at reactrix.com
Thu Sep 22 14:11:19 PDT 2005
Reactrix Interactive Media Systems, a multi-media advertising startup in
Redwood City, CA, is seeking two Field Support Technicians. This
posting is from a direct employer.
FIELD SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Reactrix Systems, Inc. offers reactive media advertising in the
out-of-home category. Reactive media is the most engaging and immersive
media available, creating dramatically higher levels of brand recall and
retention than television, radio, online, or traditional out-of-home
advertising. Through our internally developed, innovative Reactive
Media Network, advertisers are capable of breaking through the clutter
and engaging their customers in a way never before possible. Reactrix
is funded by Mobius Venture Capital, Worldview Technology Partners, and
Tom Weisel Venture Partners.
This position is concerned with the technical support of customers,
partners, and company technicians involved in field installation,
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair of Reactrix's systems. This
may include planning and scheduling repair and installation technicians
through our partners, as well as documenting all job activity. The
position will also include heavy travel and off-hours work, getting
first-hand knowledge of field issues, then occasional travel in the
regular course of business. In this position, the Field Support
Technician is expected to become proficient in Reactrix systems
* Investigating, analyzing, and resolving system problems.
* Opening, updating, and closing issue tickets utilizing the
* Reporting customer requests for repair through appropriate
* Training third parties and new employees in the operation
and troubleshooting of the system.
* Escalating customer problems and following up on those
* Scheduling service with third party partners.
* Respond to all escalation requests within thirty minutes.
* Provide weekly report on escalation issues.
* Provides advanced technical assistance and support;
troubleshoots and resolves system failures.
* Responsible for interfacing with customers, company sales
and/or service representatives, and third party partners to handle a
variety of technical questions and service issues.
* Determines the status of equipment, replacements,
installation and repair schedules, and delivery schedules, etc.
* Maintains a high level of quality customer service standards
in dealing with and responding to questions. Will be responsible for
utilizing customer service and technical skills to: identify customer
needs, provide prompt resolution, and to inquire and follow through on
all calls with customers.
* 3-4 years providing tech support or field support in service
* Proficiency in both Linux-based and Windows-based
environments is preferred.
* Basic to Intermediate video projector troubleshooting
* Basic to Intermediate PC hardware troubleshooting skills.
* Basic to Intermediate network troubleshooting skills.
* Basic to Intermediate telephony and cabling troubleshooting
* Basic working knowledge of network operating systems,
Internet/web technologies, MS Internet Explorer, and the Microsoft
Office suite of applications.
* Ability to troubleshoot common issues related to our system,
identify, define, and document customer issues.
* Excellent customer service skills.
* Excellent communication and follow-up skills, both verbal
and written, and the ability to multi-task are a must.
* Strong attention to detail.
* Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
* Balanced mix of analytical skills.
* Good understanding of human behavior.
Reactrix provides comprehensive and competitive compensation and benefit
packages. Benefits include Medical Insurance, Prescription Drug
Insurance, Dental and Vision Reimbursement, Retirement Plan, Paid
Holidays, and accrued Paid Time Off - starting at 15 days/yr.
PLEASE VISIT OUR SITE:
Only qualified candidates should apply. If you are interested, please
do the following: Send your resume and a cover letter summarizing how
your background matches the requirements to jobs at reactrix.com. Title it
"Field Support Technician" in the subject line. Please let us know how
you heard about this opportunity.
Thank you for your interest in Reactrix!
A Proof of authorization to work in the United States required.
No agency solicitations, please.
More information about the Jobs