[SVLUG-Jobs] Seeking Network Architect/Sr. Network Engineer
pa.startup at gmail.com
Wed Feb 9 14:23:48 PST 2005
The Avvenu team is seeking a talented Network Architect/Senior Network
Engineer to help build and sustain our service operations.
The ideal candidate will minimally have 5 to 7 years experience, and
have held roles in large network environments (200 plus servers).
Additionally, he/she will have a proven record of implementing
aggressive automation in order to support deployment of rapidly
scaling computational resources.
* Redhat/Linux distributions.
* Provisioning and package management (kickstart, PXE, rpmbuild, yum).
* Configuration management (cfengine).
* F5, Cisco, extensive knowledge of routing, SLB, QoS, traffic shaping.
* Firewall, including commercial products from Juniper Netscreen and Checkpoint.
* Network security, IDS, and adherence to IRP.
* Source control systems (CVS, etc.).
* NAS/SAN storage systems.
* Monitoring, log server processing and analysis (nagios, net-snmp,
* NFS, YP, DNS, HTTP, SSH, SMTP, SSL, etc.
* Advanced scripting skills (perl, php, python, shell, etc.).
* Expertise in executing network maintenance within the constraints of
* Excellent oral/written communication and documentation skills.
* Four year degree or equivalent industry experience.
* Must be able to move and install computer systems weighing
approximately 50 pounds.
Avvenu, Inc. ( http://www.avvenu.com ) is an exciting start up funded
by two of the valley's top VCs. We are developing a consumer service
and set of applications to deliver digital entertainment to the
consumer on a number of devices. The position will be based in our
offices in Palo Alto. Part-time telecommuting will be considered for
Bay Area residents only.
Interested candidates can forward their resume and salary requirements
in text or PDF format to: pa.startup at gmail.com.
Please include SR. NETWORK ENGINEER in your subject line.
More information about the Jobs