[SVLUG-Jobs] Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Rick.Galasieski at CyberCoders.com
Fri Apr 29 11:14:16 PDT 2005
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer
Are you a Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer with 8 + years
experience and at least 4 years of kernel level coding?
What you will be doing:
- The Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer will be a key member of a
small team tasked with architecting and implementing the remote update
and remote management components of an embedded Linux based appliance
You will be responsible for the following:
- Design and implementation of an update and rollback agent for the
kernel and application software running on a remotely managed Linux
- Design, analysis and implementation of resiliency features for a
remotely managed Linux appliance.
- At least a Bachelors degree, ideally in Engineering or Computer
- At least 4 years of kernel level coding experience with "lights out"
and/or remotely managed Linux systems, and a minimum of 8 years of
- Significant programming skills with C and C++
- Recent development experience with a real time embedded Linux kernel,
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Development experience with remotely managed or 'headless' systems
- Development experience with AMCC PowerPC
- Experience with layer 2 and 3, and/or 4 network protocols
- Experience with PXE servers running on Linux
- Recent Linux device driver development, both user and kernel modes, is
- Experience with resiliency and fault-tolerance design from the ground
up in networking, security, and military/medical applications is a plus.
- Knowledge of techniques for survivable OS images (e.g., multiple
images, multiple disk/FLASH partitions), and high-speed restoration of
OS/application state is considered a plus.
In joining our team, you'll enjoy great benefits, a creative and
comfortable work environment, and the exciting opportunity to be part of
a fast-paced and growing technology company.
Submit your resume today and become part of a fantastic company!
Are you a fit for this position?
Please click the link below and apply directly on line:
Not a fit for this position? Please click below to search other
You can upload your resume using Word, PDF of text, or simply cut/paste
your resume to apply. If you only have a CareerBuilder resume, you can
just paste it in the 'resume box' on our website!
Looking forward to receiving your resume and going over the position in
more detail with you!
Rick Galasieski - Senior Recruiter - CyberCoders
* Is this job not quite a fit? Click the link below to search search
hundreds of open positions to find the job that is right for you:
~ Employers: Interested in our recruiting services? Click below:
~ $1,000 referral fee - if you refer a friend that ends up getting one
of our positions, you will receive $1,000 from CyberCoders on their 91st
day! Simply enter their email on our website or email this position to
Applying directly by clicking the orange 'APPLY ONLINE' is the best way
to ensure that your resume is seen by the hiring manager. Looking
forward to receiving your resume!
If you feel that you are a good fit for the Senior Embedded Linux
Software Engineer position, and have a background that includes:
Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer, Kernel, device driver, linux,
PXE, C++ and you are interested in working with the following job types:
Information Technology, Engineering, Professional Services -- within the
following industries: Computer Hardware, Computer Software, Wireless, we
would love to review your resume for the Senior Embedded Linux Software
Please only apply for this position if you have the following skills. If
you do not, please click the CyberCoders Engineering logo above, and
review hundreds of other positions on our website.
Required skills: Senior Embedded Linux Software Engineer, Kernel, device
driver, linux, PXE, C++
More information about the Jobs