[SVLUG-Jobs] Linux Platform Software Engineer- Data Domain, Palo Alto
Jason.LaBarbera at datadomain.com
Fri Apr 29 22:09:05 PDT 2005
Founded in 2001, Data Domain is pioneering solutions for highly optimized, disk-based storage systems for data recovery. Data Domains solutions enable the industrys simplest and most reliable backups and restores, exceeding the rapid recovery requirements of todays data intensive environments. Data is one of the most important assets a company has, and as a company continues to grow so does the amount and value of that data. As a result, increased data availability and protection is fast becoming one of the key priorities driving todays IT leaders.
With its patent-pending Global Compression technology, Data Domains flagship product, the DD200 Restorer, can store several months of restore copies with less cost and less to manage, delivering performance, reliability and simplicity advantages over conventional tape libraries. Furthermore, DD200 Restorer offers unprecedented levels of data verifiability and ease of administration while integrating seamlessly with existing backup processes and architecture, fully leveraging previous investments in backup software and training.
Linux Platform Software Engineer
The OS platform engineer will be responsible for development and integration of Data Domains Linux based OS on various x86 server class platforms. This position will entail coordination efforts with hardware engineers and software engineers.
* 5+ years of Unix kernel development experience: must have extensive experience with device drivers, board bringup, understanding of locking/synchronization, software integration.
* Porting and performance tuning experience on MP and clustered systems is a major plus.
* Strong kernel debugging skills.
* Ability to port to, test and debug new hardware.
* Ability to create both online and offline diagnostics.
* Ability to work on install, error reporting and logging and overall system resiliency and reliability.
If you are a Linux Kernel engineer who would like to work with an extremely talented team, Please send your resume to jpl- at- datadomain- dot - com
More information about the Jobs