[SVLUG-Jobs] Senior Linux Systems Administrator
mojolo at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 15:50:33 PST 2004
Our client is a well funded venture capital startup that publishes
cell phone games and specializes in delivery and support of
multi-player interactive game play over cellular networks. This is a
very exciting opportunity in a sector that is very hot and rapidly
To apply send your resume to Josh at joshua at kainmg.com or call
650-627-9919. To see all of our jobs, visit www.kainmg.com.
Senior Linux Systems Administrator
Location: San Mateo, CA
Position Type: Full-Time Permanent
Highly Competitive Compensation
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Systems Administrator to help
them install, test and maintain their Game Service Provider (GSP)
development and production hardware infrastructure. Job duties will
include installing, configuring and managing distributed architecture
server farms that support development, deployment and live play of
interactive multiplayer games over wireless cellular networks.
Responsibilities will also include providing input regarding
requirements for initial hardware procurement to installation,
configuring, testing as well as defining and implementing the day to
day management processes and procedures.
- Education - BS in engineering or computer science or equivalent experience.
- Must have at least 6 years experience as a production system administrator.
- At least two years working for a major high traffic content delivery website.
- Experience with installing and configuring Redhat Linux servers.
- Experience with DNS, Apache/Tomcat, MySQL, LDAP, Perl and Bash/Shell
- Experience in high availability and high reliability technologies.
- System performance tuning and measurement, back-up/recovery, NAS,
SAN, and RAID configuration, and other production system
- Expert understanding of TCP/IP and related Internet protocols.
- Thorough understanding of Linux (Redhat experience preferred).
- Willingness to take responsibility for all emergency issues to
ensure 24/7site availability.
- Ability to work independent and have good self-direction and follow through.
- Ability to build project plans and meet milestones.
- Experience in router and firewall configuration.
- 24/7 responsibility for all servers.
- Administer Linux and other operating systems.
- Deploy equipment at collocation sites and office.
- Interact with vendors to receive support and replacement parts.
- Investigate, evaluate and/or recommend purchases; has influence on
- Will work in coordination with Operations/System Administration
located on the East Coast. (some amount of travel may be required.)
Desired (any of these are a plus):
- Experience in managing multi-player interactive game server platforms.
- Experience in the area of wireless content delivery.
- System and Network security
More information about the Jobs